Wednesday 29 May 2013

News from Dean Atta, Poet, plus competition to win tickets to Point Blank Poets and 2 signed poetry books ...

I have recently been to New York for a week and taught in a High School in Brooklyn. Back home in London I led a poetry workshop for young people at City Hall and Jadan and Will Smith came to visit us. And I was invited to speak at London Southbank University alongside Doreen Lawrence about the legacy of her son Stephen Lawrence. These have all been incredibly inspiring and humbling experiences from which I have drawn great strength. They have also prompted me to reflect and take a pause, give thanks and know that I am on the right path. 

I don't have time to pause for very long as the month of June is looking incredibly busy! I've put up all the dates on the events page of my website (including shows in Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, London and Wales) but I wanted to let you know about one particular show this Saturday 1st June at Southbank Centre with Point Blank Poets. This show will invite questions and discussion with the audience in between poetry from myself, Bridget Minamore, Deanna Rodger, Chimene Suleyman, Hollie McNish, Sabrina Mahfouz and a special musical guest Josh Osho. 

You can read more about the show here and win a pair of tickets and a signed copies of mine and Hollie McNish's poetry books: http://uprise.org.uk/chance-to-win-a-pair-of-tickets-to-point-blank-poets-at-the-southbank-1st-june/

Check out the events page on Dean's website for all his June shows: http://deanatta.co.uk/

You can also follow Dean on Twitter at http://twitter.com/deanatta

No comments:

Post a Comment