Monday 3 February 2014

Featured Poem Feb 2014 - 'Teachers' by Terry Caffrey

'Teachers'

You see the Teachers
They rule the classroom
And in a classroom then the teacher's word is law
They give us homework
I get it all wrong - and
Then I'm standing in the corner near the door.


(CHORUS
I fainted, I panicked, my clothes were far too tight
I wobbled, I waivered
I gave the kids a fright
I went to pieces
At St. Teresa's
But then a dinner lady
Brought me back to life.)


You see the teachers are always shouting
And all that shouting doesn't get them anywhere
It hurts their voices
They wag their fingers
Stamp their feet and end up pulling out their hair.


CHORUS


You see Teachers they take the lessons
They teach us maths and art and english all the day
Say "get your books out"
Sit up and listen
But we're just kids and all we wanna do is play.


CHORUS


Tom cats and meeces
Some sheep wear fleeces
And it's so hard to balance peas upon your knife
Some chimpanzeezers
and cockney geezers
have took a dinner lady
home to meet the wife.


CHORUS


I fainted, I panicked
I kissed the cat goodnight
I tumbled, I bumbled
The dog put out the light.

I went to pieces
at St. Tereas's
But then a dinner lady
brought me back to life.



© Terry Caffrey 2014
Please do not use without the poet’s permission.

 

For further information about Terry and his work please visit Terry's page here.

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment