Do you live, work or study in the Fens? Are you inspired by the bleak and beautiful landscapes and unique social history of this fantastic area? Could you be the next Poet Laureate for Fenland?
ADeC and Atelier East, working in partnership with Fen Speak and the Wisbech & Fenland Museum, are proud to announce the Fenland Poet Laureate poetry competition for 2014!
This is a chance for all writers from across the Fens to come together and share their poetry and help put Fenland on the creative map!
"The award has opened so many doors for me, and allowed me to provide opportunities for many more Fenland Poets. It's been a fantastic experience!" -- Leanne Moden, Fenland Poet Laureate 2013.
And best of all, it's free to enter the competition!
The Fenland Poet Laureate Judges are looking for poems that represent and relate to theme 'Fenland'. You can interpret the theme in any way you choose, and the team are really looking forward to reading your entries!
Winning the title of Fenland Poet Laureate is a great recognition of talent, as well as a fantastic opportunity to engage with your local community. The Laureate will be able to write about local events throughout the year and present poems for special occasions, working with others to develop ideas for bringing poetry to Fenland.
- First, second and third places will be awarded to three of the poets in the adult (17+) category.
- Commendations will be awarded to young poets (10-16) for entries, which the judges feel have particular merit.
- Certificates of achievement will be given to all short-listed and commended entrants.
- All short-listed and commended poets will be invited to the special Fenland Poet Laureate Awards evening on Wednesday 19th March at the Wisbech and Fenland Museum.
Conditions of Entry:
- Your poem should be no longer than 40 lines, and should be typed on a singleside of A4 paper.
- Please write your age in the top right-hand corner of the page, but please do not write your name on your poem, as all poems will be judged anonymously.
- All entrants must live, work, or study in the Fens.
- We can only accept one poem per entrant, and this poem must be previously unpublished.
So, if you live, work, or study in the Fens, the Fenland Poet Laureate team would love to hear from you! Please send your poem, along with a cover sheet with your name, email address, telephone number, address, age group entered (16 & under, or 17+) and the title of the poem to:
Fenland Poet Laureate Competition
Ely, CB7 4AU
Alternatively, you can pick up an entry form from your local library. For further details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment